Custom Xerxes Tanks
Xerxes wide selection of tank accessories and fittings can be specified for complex site configurations to simple water storage solutions. Xerxes fiberglass tanks are custom made to order with a lead time of 4-6 weeks. Typical configuration comes with a variety of options including fill, overflow tubes, manholes, lids, a ladder, flanges, deadmen anchors, and tie-downs as well as threaded fittings for the application.We offer everything for Xerxes water applications including the following.
Single or Double Wall
Xerxes can provide single-wall or double wall fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP), single-wall is shown in this engineering drawing.
Xerxes Deadman System
The Xerxes-supplied prefabricated deadmen are pre-engineered and sized based on the tank with galvanized adjustable anchor points.
Xerxes manway options include (22-inch, 30-inch, and 36-inch in diameter) with extensions with variable length based on the needs of the project. All Xerxes tanks require at least one manway with the necessary safety equipment in place for inspections and cleaning.
Optional Xerxes manway extensions are required to be made of the same FRP fiberglass reinforced plastic and manufacturing standards.
NSF Approved FRP Ladders
Optional FRP ladders that are NSF approved, manufactured by Xerxes, are supplied based on the project needs and the size of the tank.
4`` NPT Service Fitting
Each interstitial space monitor fitting requires a 4” NPT fitting that is included with optional fittings based on the application.
6`` NSF Approved Tangential Nozzle
All FRP nozzles are required to be flat-faced, flanged (as well as gusseted when needed), and conform to ANSI B16.5 150# bolting pattern.
6`` NSF Approved Tangential Full Bottom Drain Nozzle
Drain nozzles are required to be manufactured to NSF standards for approval by Xerxes.
4`` Vent Pipe with Gooseneck and Bug Screen
All Xerxes tanks must be vented to prevent damage from excess pressure or vacuum that can occur. There are two standard vent styles that both have bird screens, the common gooseneck vent, and the mushroom vent.
4`` Auxiliary Fill with Cam Lock Connection
Xerxes offers different sizes and applications of auxiliary fill pipes, the one in the general arrangement has a 4” diameter with a Cam Lock Connection.
Xerxes Water Storage for Fire Protection
Xerxes fire protection tanks can be the standby supply to supplement the existing water supply or for a dry hydrant design. Xerxes underground and aboveground corrosion-resistant fire protection tanks are used across the world. With firefighting adapters and accessories, Xerxes tank systems can be configured for your local fire authority requirements.
Below is a slideshow of seven, 10-foot diameter Xerxes tanks as part of this project’s fire suppression system. The tank system is designed to hold up to 264,172-gallons of water for emergency fire suppression.
The system feeds eight separate hydrants through a fire loop. In addition, separate tanks will be used for potable water holding system and a septic holding tank.
The Advantages of Xerxes Fire Protection
Fiberglass Tank Walls
Fiberglass fire protection tanks provide a corrosion free, watertight, long-lasting solution for your water storage needs. Burying a fiberglass fire protection tank eliminates vandalism and freezing concerns.
Meet Fire Protection Requirements
Xerxes underground fiberglass fire protection tanks meet, and exceed local and national NFPA 22 as well as NFPA 1142 fire code and standards.
The fiberglass tank are fully customizable with options such as ladders, anti vortex plates, dip tubes etc.
Available in Underground and Aboveground Models
Xerxes underground fiberglass fire protection tanks are corrosion-resistant custom built per project needs for residential and commercial applications.
Have Us Contact You with a Quote
Xerxes Example Technical Specifications
Pioneer® Fire Protection
Pioneer® Water Tanks are engineered as the top choice for fire protection water tanks that follow NFPA fire requirements. Pioneer Water Tanks provide a reliable source of water will help keep your property safe and will allow firefighters to have access to a steady water source in case of emergencies. Pioneer Water Tanks have been the resource to fight fires in Australia for over 27 years and now are becoming the gold-standard in fire protection across the world. Learn More
Click on the state that you would like to see the statutes and legality for.
The information below is the same information in the infographic. Contact the experts at Acer Water Tanks for more information about rainwater harvesting and safe water storage in a Pioneer Water Tank.
Our standard range of Pioneer Water Tanks are backed by an industry-leading 20-year warranty where conditions are met. Commercial tanks are warrantied on a per-project basis.
Customer Referral Program
Acer Water Tanks’ Customer Referral Rewards Program is offered for every North American purchase of a Pioneer Water Tank to the original purchaser. Our Referral Rewards PIN can be found on the certificate in the warranty package mailed to you by Acer, an example can be found below.
Eligible customers may receive a referral rebate of $500 when they recommend a Pioneer® Water Tank to family and friends, and they purchase a tank using your Referral Rewards PIN.
On top of the referral rebate, we also give a $250 rebate to any referred customer that uses a registered Referral Rewards PIN with their purchase. There is no limit to the number of referral rebates that qualified customers can receive; however, there are terms and conditions*.
*Subject to the Following Terms and conditions:
In order to claim your referral rebates, both you and your referral customer must register the purchase PIN online.
Referral rebate checks will not be issued until a referral purchase has been properly registered and verified by Acer Water Tanks Inc.
Once referral purchase has been verified, please allow up to 60 days from verification for the Referral rebate check to be processed.
Earn Rebates with Referrals:
Share your PIN with as many of your friends as you like, and tell them how much you love your Pioneer tank! When your referral makes a purchase, instruct them to use the Referral Rewards PIN to claim their purchase online at www.acerwatertanks.com/referral.referral rebates, both you and your referral customer must register the purchase PIN online.
Upon verification of your referral’s purchase, Acer Water Tanks will issue a Referral Reward of $500.00 to you, and your referral customer will also get a $250.00 Referral Reward.
Cement Ring Beam Site Preparation, for Commercial and Fire Protection Applications
Each model of Pioneer Water Tank has an exact cement ring beam dimensions and details that are outlined in our engineering packages. At the time of your order, a specific ring beam drawing will be issued for the project requirements. It’s recommended that there is strict adherence to these specifications for the best performance of the tank.
- Foundations conditions are adequate
- Safe bearing capacity should equal or exceed 150kPa
- The founding materials must be stable (i.e. landfill or active clay may be unsuitable)
- Most sands and gravels that have been compacted to a reasonable level will be adequate, provided there’s soil beneath.
- Before you start preparing your site for installation of your tank, Acer Water Tanks also recommends you contact your local authority to see what regulations or restrictions are in place.
Example of a cement ring beam for a Pioneer Water Tank model XL40/02 with a capacity of 51,785 gallons
Site preparation is very important. See table below for minimum sand requirements per tank.
- Clean, inert sand free of rock and debris is required.
- Tank pad must be level prior to construction.
- No compacting of tank pad is required.
- For sloping sites, please make sure adequate retaining and drainage is provided before and after completion of the tank.
- Place an inert anti-erosion control around the base of the tank after construction.
- The best method to ensure your sand pad is level is to use a transit level. Spirit levels, laser levels, and transit levels are all excellent tools to ensure a level pad.
- If you have difficulties or do not understand, please contact your dealer or Acer Water Tanks Inc.
- Sites out of level or not prepared correctly may be rejected or incur a charge to rectify.
Pioneer Water Tanks are designed for longevity with a few items of owner maintenance that continues the quality of water storage that is expected.
- Every yearly quarter, the tank owner or their nominated contractor should do a visual inspection.
- The optimal inspection time is prior to the first rains and every three months thereafter.
- Ensure that the aggregate around the tank is dissipating the runoff water as it should be. If the sand base appears to be eroding, backfill the aggregate immediately and fill it around the tank wall. Continue to check the aggregate is dissipating the water runoff.
- The tank perimeter needs to stay clear of vegetation with a suitable and safe vegetation deterrent.
- Check for signs of leakage. If there are any signs of leakage, report immediately for efficient repair.
- The roof should be kept clean of debris. Walking on the tank roof isn’t recommended, instead, use a long-handled or extendable broom to sweep leaves and debris from the tank roof.
- Lift out the roof mounted filter basket and clean out the debris. When the cover is placed back in, ensure that the cover is placed correctly.
- If the system has a rain diverter (if fitted), unscrew the inspection cap to clean out the collected debris and replace the cap.
- Check for evidence of pest/vermin activity in the area. Any sign of activity or damage needs to be attended to immediately. Liner damage caused by termites or vermin is not covered by the warranty. If it’s necessary, treat the perimeter of the tank with a suitable and safe pest/vermin deterrent, following the advice of a qualified professional.
- The sacrificial magnesium anodes were buried underground, close to the tank. Electrolysis diverts corrosion to the magnesium that is a more reactive metal than the Zincalme steel tank walls. The magnesium anodes gradually corrode while leaving the tank walls intact.
- These magnesium anodes have a 10-year life expectancy, that may be reduced in a more corrosive environment (such as coastal and industrial areas). The sacrificial anodes need to be replaced within the 10-year interval to meet the warranty conditions.
- If there are signs of minor corrosion on the tank, immediately treat the affected area and paint over with zinc rich paint. If there is evidence of major corrosion, please contact Acer Water Tanks, Inc.
- Anodes can be purchased for replacement with Acer Water Tanks, Inc or your local contractor with whom you made your initial purchase with.
- Insert video of anode replacement.
- Cleaning tank panels are recommended with a garden hose and a soft bristled brush.
Hose the tank panels down and use the brush to remove any dust, grime and salt spray.
- If the sand pad or aggregate is disturbed, it must be rectified immediately.
- We recommend poly/PVC fittings and downpipes exposed to sunlight be
painted with UV resistant paint to extend their lifespan.
- Acer Water Tanks, Inc. does not recommend accessing the interior of the tank on your own. If your tank needs cleaning, engage a qualified tank cleaner or contact your local distributor. If the liner is accidentally damaged during cleaning, contact your local distributor to arrange repairs.
- Insurance. Now is the time to contact your insurer to have your Pioneer water tank included in your home insurance policy.