Everything Needed to Safely Store Water
- Technical Specifications
- Installation Videos
- Simulated Brushfire Test
- Case Studies
- Pioneer Fire Protection
- Rainwater Harvesting Legality
- Pioneer Warranty
- Customer Referral Rewards
- Pioneer Water Tank Owner's Manual
- Site Preparation
- Pioneer Water Tank Maintenance
- Pioneer NSF 61 Certification
- Assessment to NFPA 22
Pioneer Technical Specifications
Residential Pioneer Technical Specifications
Commercial Technical Specifications
Xerxes Example Technical Specifications
Pioneer Fire Protection
Pioneer Water Tanks are engineered as the top choice for fire protection water tanks that follow NFPA fire requirements. Pioneer Water Tanks provide a reliable source of water will help keep your property safe and will allow firefighters to have access to a steady water source in case of emergencies. Pioneer Water Tanks have been the resource to fight fires in Australia for over 27 years and now are becoming the gold-standard in fire protection across the world. Learn More
Click on the state that you would like to see the statutes and legality for.
The information below is the same information in the infographic. Contact the experts at Acer Water Tanks for more information about rainwater harvesting and safe water storage in a Pioneer Water Tank.
Our standard range of Pioneer Water Tanks are backed by an industry-leading 20-year warranty where conditions are met. Commercial tanks are warrantied on a per-project basis.
Customer Referral Program
Acer Water Tanks’ Customer Referral Rewards Program is offered for every North American purchase of a Pioneer Water Tank to the original purchaser. Our Referral Rewards PIN can be found on the certificate in the warranty package mailed to you by Acer, an example can be found below.
Eligible customers may receive a referral rebate of $500 when they recommend a Pioneer® Water Tank to family and friends, and they purchase a tank using your Referral Rewards PIN.
On top of the referral rebate, we also give a $250 rebate to any referred customer that uses a registered Referral Rewards PIN with their purchase. There is no limit to the number of referral rebates that qualified customers can receive; however, there are terms and conditions*.
*Subject to the Following Terms and conditions:
In order to claim your referral rebates, both you and your referral customer must register the purchase PIN online.
Referral rebate checks will not be issued until a referral purchase has been properly registered and verified by Acer Water Tanks Inc.
Once referral purchase has been verified, please allow up to 60 days from verification for the Referral rebate check to be processed.
Earn Rebates with Referrals:
Share your PIN with as many of your friends as you like, and tell them how much you love your Pioneer tank! When your referral makes a purchase, instruct them to use the Referral Rewards PIN to claim their purchase online at www.acerwatertanks.com/referral.referral rebates, both you and your referral customer must register the purchase PIN online.
Upon verification of your referral’s purchase, Acer Water Tanks will issue a Referral Reward of $500.00 to you, and your referral customer will also get a $250.00 Referral Reward.
Cement Ring Beam Site Preparation, for Commercial and Fire Protection Applications
Each model of Pioneer Water Tank has an exact cement ring beam dimensions and details that are outlined in our engineering packages. At the time of your order, a specific ring beam drawing will be issued for the project requirements. It’s recommended that there is strict adherence to these specifications for the best performance of the tank.
- Foundations conditions are adequate
- Safe bearing capacity should equal or exceed 150kPa
- The founding materials must be stable (i.e. landfill or active clay may be unsuitable)
- Most sands and gravels that have been compacted to a reasonable level will be adequate, provided there’s soil beneath.
- Before you start preparing your site for installation of your tank, Acer Water Tanks also recommends you contact your local authority to see what regulations or restrictions are in place.
Example of a cement ring beam for a Pioneer Water Tank model XL40/02 with a capacity of 51,785 gallons
Site preparation is very important. See table below for minimum sand requirements per tank.
- Clean, inert sand free of rock and debris is required.
- Tank pad must be level prior to construction.
- No compacting of tank pad is required.
- For sloping sites, please make sure adequate retaining and drainage is provided before and after completion of the tank.
- Place an inert anti-erosion control around the base of the tank after construction.
- The best method to ensure your sand pad is level is to use a transit level. Spirit levels, laser levels, and transit levels are all excellent tools to ensure a level pad.
- If you have difficulties or do not understand, please contact your dealer or Acer Water Tanks Inc.
- Sites out of level or not prepared correctly may be rejected or incur a charge to rectify.
Pioneer Water Tanks are designed for longevity when properly maintained.
- The tank owner or their nominated contractor should do a visual inspection once a quarter.
- The optimal inspection time is prior to the first rains and every three months thereafter.
- Ensure that the aggregate around the tank is dissipating the runoff water as it should be. If the sand base appears to be eroding, back fill the aggregate immediately and fill it around the tank wall. Confirm that the aggregate is dissipating the water runoff.
- Check for signs of leakage. If there are any signs of leakage, report immediately to Acer Water Tanks for efficient repair.
- The tank perimeter needs to stay clear of vegetation and be treated with a suitable and safe vegetation deterrent.
- The roof should be kept clean of debris. Walking on the tank roof isn’t recommended, instead, use a long-handled or extendable broom to sweep leaves and debris from the tank roof.
- Lift out the roof mounted filter basket and clean out the debris. When the cover is placed back in, ensure that the cover is placed correctly.
- If the system is fitted with a rain diverter, unscrew the inspection cap to clean out the collected debris and replace the cap.
- Check for evidence of pest/vermin activity in the area. Any sign of activity or damage needs to be attended to immediately. Liner damage caused by termites or vermin is not covered by the warranty. If necessary, treat the perimeter of the tank with a suitable and safe pest/vermin deterrent, following the advice of a qualified professional.
- The sacrificial magnesium anodes are buried underground, close to the tank. Electrolysis diverts corrosion to the magnesium, which is a more reactive metal than the Zincalume® steel tank walls. The magnesium anodes gradually corrode, leaving the tank walls intact.
- These magnesium anodes have a 5-year life expectancy, which may be reduced in a more corrosive environment (such as coastal and industrial areas). The anodes need to be replaced within the 5-year interval to meet the warranty conditions.
- If there are signs of minor corrosion on the tank, immediately treat the affected area and paint over with zinc rich paint. If there is evidence of major corrosion, please contact Acer Water Tanks Inc.
- Anodes can be purchased for replacement from Acer Water Tanks Inc. or through your local Pioneer water tank Authorized Dealer.
- Cleaning tank panels is recommended with a garden hose and a soft bristled brush.
Hose the tank panels down and use the brush to remove any dust, grime and salt spray.
- If the sand pad or aggregate is disturbed, it must be rectified immediately.
- We recommend poly/PVC fittings and downpipes that are exposed to sunlight be
painted with UV-resistant paint to extend their lifespan.
- Acer Water Tanks, Inc. does not recommend accessing the interior of the tank on your own. If your tank needs cleaning, engage a qualified tank cleaner or contact your local Authorized Dealer. If the liner is accidentally damaged during cleaning, contact your local Authorized Dealer to arrange repairs.
Now is the time to contact your insurer to have your Pioneer water tank included in your home insurance policy.
The National Safety Foundation, NSF, develops public health standards and certification programs to protect drinking water, food, consumer products and the environment worldwide. The NSF 61 drinking water standards were developed by a team of scientists and industry experts as the criteria for potable water system components.
Pioneer Water Tanks always use NSF 61 certified Aqualiner® (NSF Certificate 3A240-01) and Industratex® (NSF Certificate 3A240-02) tank liners that are also tested and proven BPA-free. See both of the certifications with NSF.
Manufactured by Bartlett, the Aqualiner® and Industratex® tank liners are known as being the longest-lasting in the industry.
The Aqualiner® tank liner is included with residential and ranch Pioneer Water Tanks. The proprietary tank liner is five layers doubled-welded together with a 65-year lifespan. See the NSF testing for the Aqualiner®.
The Industratex® tank liner is included with commercial and large capacity Pioneer Water Tanks. The unique industrial liner is a double-welded combination of three layers, including a unique polyester weave for strength. The Industratex® has more resistance to various chemicals but it’s recommended to send a chemical analysis report to confirm allowance. See the NSF testing for the Industratex®.